Search This Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Life Imitates Art: Mr. Trump and Mr. Putin

At least it is beginning to imitate cartoon art:


Politico
Trump: ‘People will die’ as a result of focus on Russia allegations
'Every time he sees me he says, "I didn't do that," and I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it,' Trump says after meeting Putin at Vietnam summit.
By ANDREW RESTUCCIA 11/11/2017 08:07 AM EST
https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/11/trump-russia-putin-people-will-die-244801?lo=ap_a1
DANANG, Vietnam — President Donald Trump on Saturday called into question the American intelligence community’s assessment that Russia sought to influence last year’s presidential election, while raising concerns that the intense focus on the issue could sour U.S. relations with Vladimir Putin.

Pressed by reporters, Trump didn't directly say whether he personally believed Putin was involved in the alleged election meddling. But he suggested he takes the Russian president at his word when he denies directing the influence campaign.

"Every time he sees me he says, 'I didn't do that,' and I really believe, that when he tells me that, he means it,” Trump said, speaking. to reporters aboard Air Force One en route to Hanoi, Vietnam. ”But he says, 'I didn't do that.' I think he is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.” ...

This is a bit much. I mean, Putin is literally pulling gags and capers on the POTUS and he gets away with it! There may not have been Russian interference in the election, but it is obviously clear that Mr. Putin is making fun of Mr. Trump by apparently repeating, time after time, the famous phrase that made Bart Simpson a viral celebrity for one episode of The Simpsons.
("Bart Gets Famous" - twelfth episode of Season 5.)

I have it from a very good source that the translation is tweaked to render it "I didn't do that." instead of "I didn't do it." so most of us back here won't catch on while the rest of the Simpsons besotted world laughs at us.

Bart Simpson on the Late Night Circuit Discussing Mr. Trump's Asian Trip
--

No comments: