Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2007

Dr. Strangelove Redivivus 1 et Varia

This 'n that from the Serious Entertainment Industry, referred to as News. If I insist on newsy type things, I shall have to change this whole set-up. Something like a column on the side with labels and links.  

Dr. Strangelove Redivivus 1  
http://www.mediafax.ro/english/articole-free/Germany-Chides-U-S--Move-On-Anti-Missile-Shield-621525-9.html  

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier criticised the United States on Sunday in a rare public rebuke for failing to inform Russia of an offer to build an anti-missile base on Polish soil, reports Reuters. We have talked about this before. We have lived through this before! I know we are so great we do not have to care what anybody says.
(However, I was just reading about the Auto Industry and how in 1955 Toyota built 24,000 cars and GM bestrode the world! Everything changes and remains the same.)


Britney Spears Shears No need to provide links here. I do wonder, however, about how much of this celebrity hair cutting is actually connected to a fear of hair analysis? I think certain drugs will remain in the hair for 90 days, and if you have long, lovely flowing locks, its like having a dendrochronological record of your drug history back to the stone age!
For those who wish a photo, I supply a before and after:
Have I forgotten anything?
Oh, yes....


Goddaughter Throws Frisbee At Pontiff
Elsewhere I have mentioned my travelling goddaughter and her uncanny propensity for tossing frisbees at people. She is a member of an Ultimate Frisbee team (Manchester United Tossers, or Ann Arbor Chuckers or something like that) and to them it is equivalent to a "G'day, mates!"
The photo below was from the posting http://fatherdaughtertalk.blogspot.com/2006/12/apples-and-trees.html when she was on the Amazon River causing wonderment among the locals:

Recently she was in Rome:
If Benedict calls, I'm not here!

Local Weather Somewhere I am not:
Arad: (-1°C/9°C) Brasov: (-4°C/5°C) Bucuresti:(-3°C/11°C) Constanta:(-3°C/7°C) Iasi: (-3°C/7°C)

--

No comments: