Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Role Models And The Cult Of Celebrity

I have had occassion to read a couple thousand papers about life role models, written by elementary school children. It does become rather redundant. However, it could be worse. I could be forced to watched cable TV. My favorite experience has always been getting my interest piqued highly, only to be interrupted by a long parade of commercials. So what is there about role models for elementary school children that is similar to the celebrities spewed forth by the celebrity-spewing industry? I hope to find out in the future...when I get some bloody time! (O.K. One obvious difference between the two notions is that of moral responsibility. Role Models are understood to have responsibility for their behavior lest it give scandal. Celebrities operate under no such constraints.)

No comments: