Search This Blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Son of Fascism

Please inform Major Embarassment that WWII is over. Tom Brokaw's Greatest Generation won it. I'm sure they don't begrudge us having our own little wars to make the world safe for democracy, but the big one ended in 1945. The expresssion "Islamo-fascism" does not make sense; it does not make sense immediately when it is spoken nor when it is heard; it does not make sense after a period of reflection. It does not make sense on a beach, it makes no sense in a speech. (The only thing that seems to come close to Fascism was the Christian Phalange Party in Lebanon, founded in the 1930's. The time is right. The nomenclature is correct; recall General Franco was a Falangist supporter. The political views accord. Everything sort of points to a fascist group.) The fact that certain people make statements like: "Herr Hitler was right! Such and such and so-and-so..." is in itself NOT proof of a fascist philosophy. Do you have any idea how embarrasing it is to have a government that has not yet learned that policy should not be based on fantasy? What important link to reality is missing from that group? What I mean is, I may as well go out an make a speech and accuse Muslim terrorists of being "Islamo-White Supremacists" or "Islamo-Aryan Brothers" and it would make as much sense as what Major Embarassment says. The important distinction is that I am not the leader of the most powerful nation in the history of the world!!! For heaven sake, what is the matter with this country?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my opinion U.S.A. is the most powerful nation nowdays, but not at all in the history of the world.
In our empire it was said, the sun
never set dawn...Kind regards, once
again from Spain.

Montag said...

thank you for the note.
I suppose I meant that the power of the USA relative to other countries is unprecedented in its potential...
for good or evil.
...and it may be the weaponry available that gives this impression: atomic bombs, bio-weapons, etc.
"powerful" is not always a good term.

I say " I suppose " because I do not keep another journal about my works and days and when I go back to read something, it always looks new and somewhat intelligent and I'm never sure that I wrote it.
Of course, when it looks stupid I am sure I plagiarized it.