Search This Blog

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Climate Bill

I do not expect much of a Climate Bill to survive the Senate. The Senate has too many Republicans, who for all their chatter about the unborn, actually will not give a tinker's darn to the future generations yet unborn. Let them harvest the thunder and tame the hurricane; it is not the problem of us in the present. For all the chatter of the future, we won't give up a penny for it. What of the ancestors? Do they have a role? Not in our world view. What of God? Not in our world view. I am an individual. I am also a member of a network of kinship, which goes back thousands and millions of years. I am a progenitor of the future which extends endlessly before us, God willing. Within the implicate of this weaving I live. Science, that's the ticket. Rationalism, which discovered the individual...and left them there alone, high and dry; no connection to anything except the power structures we devise. Forgetting, of course, that it was Science - Rationalism, Industrial Revolution, Economics - running rampant that got us into the mess in the first place. Our faith in Science is as touching as our faith in the Federal Reserve, and as misplaced. There is the Obama Indian Summer. After that......après ça, le déluge.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Faith in the Federal Reserve is fast waning, I think. And not just with me. :-)

Montag said...

Good heavens, did you append a happy face?

I used to explore emoticons. I developed the original Hitler emoticon more than 10 years ago.

Here is my Kaiser Wilhelm:

{]:{)

prussian helmet, eyes, mustache and mouth.

Unknown said...

So sorry! I will never inflict another emoticon upon you again. Your Wilhelm is sehr gut!

Montag said...

Awww...emoticons are O.K.
It just dawned on me the mustache is not the right way. I think Kaiser Bill had an upturned one:

{]:})

of course, this all lead to the unhappy days of:

///: =(