Search This Blog

Friday, June 26, 2009

Truth: "I Coulda Been A Contender..."

...instead of a bum, which is what I am !!!" -
a quote of Truth, as reported in the news.

I got some heat for saying there is no Truth. The problem with Truth - absolute truth - is that everyone essentially proves its existence by assuming the fact which is to be proved. Duh. Some people said God exists and God is Truth. The heck He is. And you will find that if you keep trivializing the deity by trying to apply your inadequate concepts to it, you will not be happy at the outcome.

There is no Truth. There is God. Truth is not what God sez. What we say may or may not be true. Not God. God is the One. There are no distinctions within God. And all distinctions are potential there. Think of love. We use words to try to describe it, but the proof of love is in the acts of love. In those actions is the reality, the understanding, the "truth" of love. We know this. God is the act of all acts, the very act of existing and creating. Within this maelstrom is the "truth" you wish to disentangle, separate, and set up on some pedestal.

Try and separate the milk from your latte.

--

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmm. There is God. But is there Truth? You say no. Do you make anything of the concept of truth at all? Is it not related to God? I don't know if I've got enough energy to grapple with this stuff right now.

Montag said...

I discovered that I expect God in my universe.

I have no belief about God, therefore truth does not enter into it.
If you asked me whether I believed in God, I'd say you are not getting me to play that game.

It's is essentially mental Judo. Take the momentum of all the big, stupid, lumbering, vicious nonsense we have learned and have been taught all our lives, and use it against itself.

Unknown said...

Your approach is reasonable. But you will still be burned at the stake.

Montag said...

That goes without saying.

At the risk of entirely uncovering my madness, I have been haunted most of my life by a feeling that I was destined to live in times of great upheaval and would killed by violence.

Of course, this was insane, for I was a citizen of the happiest and mightiest country of the world.

This "cognitive dissonance" between my foreboding and the reality disappeared in 2008, when we were able to see the shape of things to come a good deal more clearly.

So.....