Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2010

Apologia Pro Poema Sua

Someone has complained about my fast day poem (over on the right in the peace-weaving site); not for this week, but for next week; I anticipated being busy, so I did a week ahead. The complaint was, accordingly, early, but still timely.

So someone doesn't like the adjective "hirsute". I considered "pelted" or "ermined", but it was too much Alexander Pope. I wanted to jump in and out of the bukowski of life. So "hirsute". There is another pun on it, but I don't do lascivious puns here, only on my other sites, so it may never see the light of day. Hint: it is a pun on "air guitar".

My poem was seemingly about Encolpius, and I was Petronius Arbiter. (I'd hate to see what Stanley Unwin would do with that sentence!)

If you need clarification, you will have to ask The Periodic Englishman, if he has returned from the Hotel-Dieu ( or hospital, as we all wish he has ).

No comments: