Search This Blog

Friday, February 19, 2010

New Link

I finally got around to adding Doctor C. from the Eastern Shore of Maryland to my links list. The Eastern Shore is almost like an island all to itself - at least to me. I feel the mainland slip away the few times I've driven across the bridge leading from Annapolis.

Even Ocean City, a place I've been forbidden to enter by She-who-must-be-obeyed, exerts a retro Raymond Chandler-type of fascination of pleasures of the flesh decidedly out-of-date and best enjoyed by driving into town in a flivver.


I don't know much about Maryland.

2 comments:

AD said...

Just north of there is Henlopen park, tucked away inside a Coast Guard post but accessible anyway, where one can enjoy the same Eastern Shore phenomenon without the Ocean City kitsch. Live too far now to visit, but come summer my own she-who-must-be and I both sometimes dream of Henlopen Park.

Montag said...

We were so close...
We were in Lewes, Delaware to catch the ferry to Cape May in September, 2009. For another couple miles, coulda been in Henlopen Park.

Ocean City was always the road not taken. We always took the road to Assateague south, never the fork heading north to OC. (Since it is a long trip, I always call it Ass-fatigue Island.)

Hey! You're a Leo!
Hey! You live where I grew up!
Well, I'll be.