Search This Blog

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Next Big Corporate Gaff

What could they do after the spill into the Gulf of Mexico?
Well, for one they could actually mess up all your private information that they have. I received a letter from Chase Bank saying how they love me and my privacy, and they'd like to make it harder for the bad guys, and so on.

Trouble is, I know Chase has problems already with the data they have.

My mother went into her Chase branch, and on her account, she saw something that looked like "Unique Tools", "Wisconsin Avenue" and "Illinois". She asked what it was, and no one at the branch had a clue, even though they felt compelled to make a few incredibly stupid guesses.
So she gives me a scrap of paper with this on it, and I think she's nuts.
Only, I go to GOOGLE Earth and I find something very close to it on Wisconsin Avenue in Illinois. You can, too, if you try. If you are the CEO of the place, post me a comment and I'll fill you in with the rest of the details of how your company got into my mother's account at Chase Bank.

No comments: