Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

September 11

I am proud of Americans.
I re-lived the 9/11 story, I cried... again.
I read of the family, the one family, which is still in litigation about the death of a family member. I read about the first responders. I do not read about those who jumped from 100 stories up to escape the inferno, because I shall never forget those pictures engraved into my memory during the events themselves... live TV feeds that showed bodies plummeting.

When I complain about America, I am usually complaining about "Official America", the America that has been usurped by the rich elite and which plots their wars and schemes and treasons against the well-being of the rest of us.
Individually, we are good people. Even in groups, we are good, although the shine does tarnish a bit. Big Government and Big Media, however, are another matter. It has been their concern for more than a quarter century to make Corporations equal in rights and privileges to Individuals. This is the reason we are always at War: War is good for business - it ceaselessly destroys assets, requiring constant replacement. You will observe that War is not nearly as good for the rest of us particularly those that have lost loved ones.
To promote War, we cultivate terror groups to fight against our foes, knowing full well that in the sweet bye-and-bye these terrorists will engage our focus, and we shall have to wage yet another War against them; look at the history of Saddam Hussein! We backed him with everything we had for a long time, as long as he fought against Iran.
... and do we need reminding that the USA suported Osama bin Laden for years... arms, material, all paid for by you and I. 

I am proud of Americans.
Maybe not ex-alcoholic pastors with a penchant for arson... but by and large all Americans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wish I agreed, but when 70 percent of the population thinks the Muslims should move their community center in Manhattan, I'm sorry. I cannot. 7 out 10 of us are willing to trash a cherished American freedom on transparently flimsy charges, I cannot extol the "goodness" of Americans. We are seriously flawed. A people of fear and hatred.

Montag said...

First, such opinion polls are very suspect in their methodology.

Second, our "karmic" flaw is the fact that we took the New World and trashed it into a copy of the Old World, full of its intolerance and inequity.

We won't get another chance until Antarctica thaws ( about 10 years ) or the Mars missions.