Search This Blog

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Blog Of Note


This Blog has not been chosen as a Blog of Note.
Well done. It is the 80th week in a row, and I am well disposed to all the events surrounding the honor; the hub-bub, the interviews, the dates with Paris and her sister.

I used to read a Blog of a fellow philosopher, one whose view of the world was extremely prosaic. He was world-weary and he mistook this accidie for knowledge gained by experience: a sort of graduate school of hard knocks, as it were. He has a bloody counter on his Blog. He had his eye on it. I know he did. He mentioned it. One day in a mood of pseudo-humility he said that the counter would soon be at 100,000...0r 500,000....or 1,000,000.
1,000,000 HITS, that is.
Hits? O.K. That is rather impressive, considering the humdrum contents. Hmmm...
I would not dare have a counter. If no one "hit", then I would be sad. On the other hand, if many people "hit", then I would be insufferable.
And...oh,well...keep blogging guys !
My counter is my left hand; there is my daughter...and Anna... and her sisters.

--

1 comment:

Anna MR said...

Just saying hello, Montag. I shall choose to believe that as a name-check for my good self...although must admit the possibility of other Annas in your life.

Keep on keepin' on...

x from Finland