Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Peace Fasting 4th Week

There was an altercation at the Greybeards' Round Table last Friday. I was drinking tea and not eating because of the fast. Jakubowski said "So, you think you're better that everyone else?" So I said "Sure." Then he proceeded to tell me how many times he had been arrested in anti-Vietnam demonstrations. I do not think there had ever been as many as he recounted. He sort of out-Berriganed Berrigan, if you catch my drift. I was talking with my daughter and she said she had been at a party at the Bay. ( I asked whether games of chance had been played, hoping for a quick uptake on "Beach Blanket Bingo" . She did not "get it", so I had to explain. She did say that's why no one wants to talk with me, however, parroting her mother.) She said there had been many people who were talking about how many times they had been arrested for protesting the war, and that I would have liked it. So I asked which war? Spanish-American? No. It was the Iraq War. (Not properly a war. I call it Bush's Iraqi Attackee. So much for respecting the President.) It does seem that the Beltway Buffoons seem intent on a war every 25 or so...about a generation to illustrate how inept they are and giving the rest of us a good lesson in Morality and Civics. Hoooooray! anyhow....the poem - if you dare call it that - for the 4th week: http://peace-weaving.blogspot.com/2007/07/june-29-2007-4th-fast.html My creation this week is a mosh-mish, but it is the best I could think of.I call it "What Would the Anti-Christ Do?" ... or "W W A-C D?" Note: "Dajjal" is the Islamic name for the anti-christ, meaning "deceiver". W W A-C D? dajjal sits in falluja town drinking the wine-red blood, feeling down and desperate, betrayed, misunderstood. He’d won the Uruk lottery, a date with the queen of death. dolled up like a wedding bride within a veil of Meth. She bared her ugly fangs… he would not fall for that. he ran to dusty red Samarra where she then left him flat. And now he yearns for lovely death, no voice to fill his ear, no taut skinned bulemic body to orgone this time of year. Oh, allegory of appliance! bacteria of the mind! an iPhone for your thoughts, my dear! and what we’ve left behind! (thanx to Sir Padraic Spens!)

No comments: