Search This Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

Our Lives In The Bush Of Ghosts:6

Pre-War Residences...or Peace Blocks ?!

(Intro Note: Amos Tutuola wrote a novel entitled "My Life in the Bush of Ghosts", hence my title.)

I always remember the old film "The Shape of Things to Come", I remember H.G. Wells, I remember Olaf Stapledon and Orwell. I believe I lived then in a Peace Block development somewhere in what used to be London.

...then there was Hitler, World War II, the Cold War, Vietnam, the Era of Ever Increasing Deficits, and the Age Of War Without End... Did a canny realtor get the low down on World War III - or IV as some pundits would have it. Shall we have as many wonderful world wars (www) as there are Superbowls and go through the Roman numerals from I to L to C and on to M? If we are still in the Pre-War Era, perhaps we may still do something about it.

No comments: