Search This Blog

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Wall Street Gets Drunk

George Bush said that Wall Street got drunk. They also put the bill on our tab. When we went in the other day for a beer or two, Sketchy, the bartender, told me I owed the house $700 Billion! I said times were tuff, and he sez they sure are, glittering at me with his good eye. He sez that they's about ter get a whole lot tougher, if I catch his meaning. I gulped. I pulled out my wallet. Don't laff! There wuz a chance I had someting like a trillion pezozees in it. I mean, there wuz that 500 billion Zimbabwean bank note from last week, and a coupla pasteboards with Jeff Davis' mug shot. I sez ok. Then I flips him the Robert Mugabe, and sez the rest'll be in his paws after my visit to the gents room. He sniffed the bank note like it was moldy cabbage. I managed to duck into a urine deposit & disposal facility, just as I heard Sketchy say, "Wait a min...!". Like scoot, I flip the window up and crib out, hit the ground and roll. I'm like free! Then I look around and hear the breathing of carnivores...and I ain't in Kansas anymore!

No comments: