Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

TV D-Day

Today we find whether AT&T or AMC wins their battle. It is also Bastille Day - en France - and is noteworthy for that, too.

We like AMC a good deal.
We have always been AT&T customers - like eons! - and have never felt we have been abused like we so often feel in our dealings with banks and other businesses nowadays. ( note: I also feel very good about T-Mobile, having been a customer for about 7 years.) We jumped from Comcast to AT&T Uverse and loved it. I myself actually check schedules for TCM. AMC, Sundance, and IFC for films - sometimes recording them; something I never used to do! - and thoroughly enjoy it.

I know it will be brief. My intro plan ends in October, and I don't feel the experience is worth another $60 per month, but that's a business decision; can't fault AT&T for that.

If providers of access and providers of content continue to squabble, and if access providers act begin to "comcast" the consumer more, the best outcome would be to default from television altogether.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Quality people are Uverse people. (T-Mobile also.) $60/month sounds outrageous to me. Our Uverse is wrapped up with ISP and it only costs $60/month for the package.

Montag said...

TLI

too little information... give more details!

I have cable, internet, and phone in Uverse! How sweet it must be in OK.

Unknown said...

I was greatly mistaken on this. I just paid the AT&T U-verse bill. It was $104. $30 for Internet; $60 for cable TV; $10 "other AT&T charges"--whatever in hell that is--and the balance on those nickel and dime fees and surcharges.

Sorry . . .

Montag said...

OK. I pay $106 until October, at which time its supposed to go the $ 160.
I don't know about that much money.

Unknown said...

Well, thank goodness, we have not heard about a jump in price like that. That is outrageous.

Montag said...

Maybe I can hold on until deflation really takes over....