Search This Blog

Thursday, April 07, 2011

Crown of Thorns Manifesto

I'll be in D.C. for Easter. If the maniac Tea Party-Republicans get their way, the Government might not be operating.

I intend to stand with a sign of protest in front of the Capitol for a period of time. I will be protesting having mad men in government, just as I always have.

This country belongs to the people. The people has a Government. We shall not bend to the will of a small group of fanatics, who seek only destruction of the country I and my ancestors labored to build.

I will carry a picture of William Jennings Bryan and say Hurrah! for the people, the farmers, the grangers, the workers, the small businessmen! Hurrah for us, the forgotten people of America!

There is a crown of thorns comprised of a tangle of murderous branches they seek to impress upon our brows: destruction of Social Security, destruction of Medicare, destruction of any campaign reform, destruction of education, unilateral revocation of right fought for and won by workers, and the list goes on.

You shall not scourge us, nor mock us with this Crown of Thorns!

--

6 comments:

Ruth said...

I hope you get on TV. I wanna see what you look like in a crown of thorns carrying a WJB picture.

And I'm not mocking you. I wanna stand there with you.

Montag said...

I hope so, too. However, I was not going to wear a crown of thorns... unless Mel Gibson is running the show.

Ruth said...

I was being facetious about the crown. That would be morbid. Especially if MG is there.

Montag said...

Actually, maybe I should go in costume...

there is a certain appropriateness about wearing your opinions on the outside, rather than hiding your ravening madness under a suit and tie.

Unknown said...

More power to you, Paul! A regular Quixote you are!

Montag said...

I have the old knight's ability to dream, but Quixote actually did things.