Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Lady Gaga

I was writing and the TV was on in the background. The show Ellen was on. I always liked Ellen: liked her comedy show and liked her. I liked the people that played her parents on that conedy show, too. I hope I am like that, at least in my daughter's eyes. I remember them as nice people; intelligent and caring.
Anyway Lady Gaga is on. Now I also like The G. She reminds me of  beautiful ivory that happens to sing various songs. She has tattoos. I almost had Maori tattoos... until someone reminded me that the process was painful. I was too old for a rite of passage by that time, so I skipped the tatts.

But the choreography going on behind G  during her song seemed stupid. I think I have had enough of music industry dancing. It looks very athletic, but in the worst sense: the athleticism is narcissistic and self-conscious and exceedingly simple and boring. It is a repetition of tics and twitches and not at all pleasant.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I like hearing these musings. I agree on all of it, though I never wanted Maori tattoos.

Montag said...

No. The tattoos were a bit too much... for a non-Maori, that is. Over my vacation, there was some desultory conversation about grandmothers who did ritual scarification and those who did not...
It was not as interesting as it might appear.