Search This Blog

Friday, December 16, 2016

What Good Is The UN? And The Title Of This Blog

My wife says the question the use of the UN was posed on the television yesterday morning by some or all sitting around an oval table on The Morning Joe on MSNBC.


The hash and re-hash of it was what good is the UN?.. yadda-yadda-yadda. Kids are being killed in Aleppo, yadda-yadda-yadda. The UN doesn't even lift a finger, yadda-yadda-yadda.

I responded that the UN can do nothing that the permanent members of the Security Council do not want to happen. The US and Russia are not in agreement about Syria, so do not expect the UN to do anything. If you wish to assign blame, the clear targets are the US and Russia.

Further, if you remember Iraq, the US entirely ignored the UN.
The USA went to war, ignoring any protest from the member states of the UN, and arrogantly dismissing the findings of the UN weapons inspectors.
Hans Blix and the UN weapons inspectors found no evidence of Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMDs). This finding was totally ignored by the Bush Administration, which relied upon fake news and false intelligence and outright lies.

Iraq.
Mistakes were made. Kids were killed. Lots of bad things happened. Were they asking then why the UN did not DO anything?

The bill for Iraq is coming due.
I remember my astonishment that some dark Power was able to get the entire population of the USA to march lockstep to that dubious battle. That is when I began to understand the Powers of the world, what I now call the Tuatha - the powers which not divine, unseen, unsubstantiated by modern rationality, yet which RULE the hearts of mankind... no matter what the UN may say, no matter what our consciences may say.... no matter what God may say.
The dark force controlled us.
Some people call it mob mentality and so did I for the longest time, until I saw that our surrender to the Mob was a vast and intense sacrifice and scarification of our indivduality which went far beyond following the crowd.



 Hans Blix, Head of the UN Iraq Weapons Inspection Team


I remember wrestling over the question of WMDs after the UN weapons team had turned in its report and the US was having nothing of it. I was truly upset by what was going on. I finally decided to pray on the matter.
I fell asleep soon in front of my computer. I recall that I awoke looking at an Excel spreadsheet of something.
At that point I knew that there were absolutely no weapons of mass destruction present in Iraq.

I did not like this one bit. There was a bit too much of Prayer and the Divine about it. I do not like putting God "to the test", as it were, for if there were to be found even some smallish WMDs, sort of like "appetizers for Armageddon" or some tantalizing "amuse-gueules"   (mon frère dit "amuse-bouche"... but I prefer more ancient and less polished expression)   for the Eve of Destruction, then my sudden insight and intuition - message from above, as it were - would be nothing but my own mental palaver.

And my intense feelings of the divine - like so many prophets who have foretold the end of the world, for example, and had the whole thing NOT blow up in their embarrassed faces  - would be the musings of an emotional dunce.

Of course, when it was proven true, it was a bit scary, too.

Anyway, that's why this blog has the title it does. I was so moved by the events of 2001 up to Iraq - and beyond - that I felt the earth was like the waters and I felt divinity mutely moving upon the face of the earth.
I thought it best to share with my daughter.

--


No comments: