Search This Blog

Monday, February 06, 2017

Firefox Strikes Again!



All my computers were going crazy.
And I was going crazy trying to find out what was wrong with them.

So I turned on the Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) and looked at Processes. Firefox had 2 firefox.exe files running. One had over 700,000 K, the other over 300,000 K and I had no idea what was going on.
Then I looked at the Resources Monitor and saw that Free Memory was an extremely scarce resource.

So I Googled "2 firefox.exes running" and yadda-yadda-yadda came to the issue of Firefox e10s.....

and I don't care what they are....
I mean, I don't care what "e10s" are and why Firefox needs to slip them in on me and drive me crazy for a month or so, and just sit back and laugh at my discomfiture. I don't care. I don't want! Get it!??!

so I'm not going to go into why Firefox did sneak them in in one of their innumerable updates....

Anyway, I Googled again, found  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1147868#question-reply

and followed the recipe, got rid of the doppelganger Firefox, and everything works one heck of a lot better.

No comments: