Search This Blog

Friday, February 10, 2017

Politically Correct

I have often been called a hypocrite. It comes with the territory.

I remember 9 years ago when I did this post:




Dunking Doughnuts [ better known as "Dunkin' (sic) Donuts (sic) ] has pulled an advertisement of Rachel Ray hawking java.

Apparently eagle-eyed Michelle Malkin spotted the scarf as being a kaffiya, it reminded her of Yassir Arafat, and she went ballistic. Something about terrorist chic...  I grabbed my cell phone to call a friend and let them know the news from the Advertising Front of the War on Terror...but only got as far as punching in the exchange when it dawned on me that I was using "Arabic" numerals!!

[...]

An acquaintance tried to defend Ms. Malkin. That was a bit much. It was 2008's version of trying to defend K. Con's (Kellyanne Conway's) public advertisment from the White House to buy Ivanka Trump's clothing: indefensible.

But what I did was worse.

Since She-who-must-be-obeyed was present I could not be my natural obnoxious self, so I turned to her, winked, and said "Fitti Fitti !!" in Yoruba.

We laughed and the acquaintance stood there uncomprehending... and probably still is.

--

No comments: