Search This Blog

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Geography Lesson

We have been watching Better Call Saul. She-who-must-be-obeyed observe how very capable Bob Odenkirk acting is. I agreed he is rather good.



She then wondered if he was from Chicago; he seemed to capture the ethos of that city. She-who-must-be-obeyed is a native New Yorker.

Well, I hadn't noticed. He is a hustler of a sort, so I - being incredibly ancient - think of Sammy Glick in What Makes Sammy Run?  I think of New York types. Then I wonder what is the shading of hustling that slides from New York into a Chicago hustle?

I am wondering and feeling my way around, so I cut to the chase: whom do I know Hustler-wise in New York? Who is the basic paradigmatic New York hustler? Deal-maker?

I immediately think of two New York hustlers:

Donald Trump




and Ratso Rizzo




--

No comments: