Search This Blog

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I Miss IMUS

It's my birthday and... No, it's not my birthday. It's some other gift-producing, present-genesis type of day... Oh, it's Fathers' Day. And...my daughter has given me a beautifil sweatshirt that has the logo "I miss IMUS". Excellent. (As an aside, I noticed that his nemesis, Al Sharpton, was taking issue with the LA sheriff about Paris Hilton. I'm not sure what this was all about. I do not think the Rev. Al Sharpton actually knew what it was about either.) I have been catching some of the pathetic attempts to air something in his old slot. The news types are quite bad. They were o.k. when they were on Imus for a brief visit, but longer chunks of time are indigestible. David Gregory, for example, seems to melt into a shallow puddle of a smile. Joe Scarborough is o.k., but he is not funny. He and his guests talk all over what each other is saying. Not good. We want Imus.

No comments: