Search This Blog

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Peace Fasting 3rd Week

Since my imagination is so limited, I transport here the things I labor over elsewhere. This was the doggerel for the third peace fast on Friday, two days ago. If you do not wish to read it - and I DO understand- then print it out and throw darts at it. Peace Fast-3rd Week I have a shaddouf... a one camel shaddouf. It's not much to look at, but it's all mine. And it brings water like 60 to the terraced field where I "crash" ...my manzil... my landing place place of quiet place of rest place of sakeena. There is a snake there and there isn't. sleek as a sheath and sharp as a sword. She whispers in my sleep, brews black coffee, sees the USA in her Chevrolet... ma amlasuha! how sleek she is! shining like a jewel... ...my Chevy... not the snake. I have a jihaaz... it's more like a whatchamacallit... it's very gold rubeberg and it's all mine. And it does it's...thing. It's the best thing since Nasruddin took a mudya to a loaf of bread... and sliced it. bread of life bread of love bread, gift of Allah. The site itself is over in the group of usual suspects on the right...the link field: peace-weaving.blogspot.com notes: ma amlasuha = how sleek she is! jihaaz = a thing-a-majig mudya = a butcher's sharp knife manzil = a landing place, your pad shaddouf = a water wheel for irrigation

No comments: