Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2008

I Feel For John Conyers

When I lived in Michigan, I lived within the Congressional District which John Conyers represented. As I recall the matter, his old district was gerrymandered and it came to incorporate more white voters than before. Now whether this was a Republican move to try to secure his defeat or not, I do not recall, but knowing the Repubes (sic), it was quite possible. Of course, I voted for John Conyers. He was and is a great representative of the people. He is experienced, erudite, well-spoken, and a man of impeccable manners. Later, my daughter interned for him and Newt Ginrich was just down the hall at the time. She always speaks highly of John Conyers. If pressured, she will also speak highly of Newt Gingrich. His wife, however, is currently on the Detroit city council and is making a fool of herself. Go to the Detroit Free Press or Detroit News and hear or watch her. Monica Conyers.

No comments: