Search This Blog

Friday, November 12, 2010

Fellini Benigni 2

The title makes as much sense as anything I have written so far in this here blog, y'all.

I wish to make an homage to Fellini.
Thus, I created a bumper sticker:


8 1/2  Fellini


which I thought to be sort of on the lines of stuff such as " I 'heart' New York " and so on.


People began to ask me whether I had eaten - or "ate" - Fellini, and was it somewhat like spaghettini?
And why did I eat only half of it? Was it too spicy?
Of course, the more literate gave me a wary eye. In their limited understanding, they think "fellini" is somewhat akin to and synonomous with other words that are spelled "f e l l - - - -".

So I went to the grocery store and did a "fellini"
in the fruits and produce, doing it as if I were Roberto Begnini,
falling by the organic bananas
like a couple of Johnny Stecchini.


photo: Dennis Darzacq
reprint

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Never understood Fellini movies. Guess I'm just a clod.