Search This Blog

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Favorite Fowl

I could not say good-bye without putting up a picture of my favorite Rooster: le Coq St. Hubert, the mascot and logo of the fast food chicken business St. Hubert in Canada.
You may have to be Canadian to properly appreciate him in his world setting, so look to it! You may have to be Quebecois, aussi, alors...
This second example I include because it is the very Coq Hubertien which I used to see from the hill between Saint Sauveur and St. Hippolyte. We would descend from Chemin de la Montagne ( a continuation of Chemin de Mont-Rolland) by way of Boulevard des Monts, drive through Mont Rolland, cross the river that runs parallel to the Autoroute des Laurentides, get on highway 117, and come into Ste.-Adele-en-Haut, the first sight to greet us being:
At this time, we would be staying with my brother -in-law, Billy. God bless Billy! The world has gone downhill ever since he left......
.......I myself yearn for the St Hubert des Bienvenues.

No comments: