Search This Blog

Friday, November 07, 2008

Poetry

I do not usually embellish this site with unseemly boughs of poetry...is it not like planting a tree or two directly in the line of sight leading to a neo-classical building? However, I could not resist the one from Fast Day 74 last week from my other site, so here goes: http://peace-weaving.blogspot.com/2008/11/fast-day-74-october-31-2008.html When I was Episcopalian, and she was young and fair, I was a very young vicar who oft fell down the stair. The elders of the kirk came to counsel me, for I was Presbyterian, as drunk as I could be. And when I turned to RC, they had an intervention, and came to our sitting room, a reverend convention. I drank until the liquor dried up all my tears, and when I turned to sobriety they'd stolen all the years.

No comments: