Search This Blog

Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hurricane Names

I have heard a rumor that the National Hurricane Center will be naming hurricanes - starting in 2010 - after Blues singers or musicians. I am looking forward to the second of the season, a fight between Hurricane Bo, Hurricane B.B., Hurricane Bessie, or Hurricane Blind Willie. In my list of names, I got as far as Hurricane Coleman, only to be told that he was a Jazz saxophonist, not a blues singer or musician. At that point I lost interest.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I dunno, does that make sense, naming them after singers who represent the opposite characteristics? Maybe it's wishful naming, hoping they'll calm down?

Unknown said...

What a stupid idea . . . this naming scheme!

Montag said...

Owww!
I made it all up. I lied.
I was wondering what if: the National Hurricane Center acted like the Post Office - you know, issuing stamps with musicians on and such.