Search This Blog

Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Holocaust of Trust



I wuz treated like a dirty dog, much like genial Jim Cramer wuz by Sylvain Raynes on Erin Burnett's CNBC "Lite" financial show. I said that financial reform would take some of the air out of the Tea Party sails, and most people said, no it won't, idiot. The GOP will be obstructionist, and the TP's will love it, because the intention is to destroy government, not to change it.

Well, well, well.

Sometimes I do not write down everything I see. There are a lot of possible paths from the present to the future. The Tea Party path is one. What I see there is not what you want to see. Myself, I am not engaged like you probably are. As I have said before, in 2008, all illusions were removed, and I stood alone like Ausonius and watched the fabric of the Roman Empire unravel. I had reached a point where I understood the preceeding partial centuries of my consciousness: the wierd and odd became quite ordinary...

if you wonder what possibly I could be talking about, consider predatory abuse...in all its forms...
Consider a people preyed upon by their privileged leaders...
Consider a holocaust of trust; sniff the air for the active crematories of our innocence...
Abuse is what we experience, and it is what we inflict. Predation is what we fear, and what we do...
Our awareness is a M.C.Escher concentration camp where we are Guards and Prisoners, eternally walking upstairs, only to find we have descended.

If you want me to tell you what lies down the path of the Tea Party, I suppose I could...but I won't just yet. Why? Because I don't wish to. I don't wish to be your teacher, your prophet, nor anything else. I just want the country to be reasonably OK, and to be left alone like jdsalinger. And I want you to be OK, too. That's all. I certainly don't want to be a leader of any sort, even though I am obviously as incompetent as the two pictured above.
We are not exceptional, and we are not God's chosen; we have to save ourselves. We still have a few years in which to learn how to be heroes and heroines.

(The picture above is nothing but a "Reanimator" poster for the damned.)

6 comments:

Ruth said...

Escher stairway: good one.

E.P. Rush said...

None of the silly rhetoric from the Baggers really scares me, but what does scare me is someone like Sarah Palin can make $12 million for being .. what? Sarah Palin? She recently breezed through little ol' Eugene, Oregon and sold out at $250 a pop. incidently Conan O'Brien started his tour here the other night and grossed slightly more, so there's hope. Actually that calls for a drink ...

Montag said...

Ruth,
Yes, the Escher stairs always gave me that impotent feeling of a dream's futile effort of escaping -yet not being able to do so.

Montag said...

E.P.,
Good point: for being what? for doing what? Well, nothing, really. She did not run the scam on the country; she's merely reaping the harvest of what the criminals and idiots did.

I agree the rhetoric isn't scarey; no rhetoric scares us anymore. Rhetoric will dissolve before the inchaote horrors far beyond the power of speech to describe - only violence will cut and paste an understanding of that future for us.

Just A Passerby said...

Good post - loved the literary allegories you used!

"I figured I could get a job at a filling station somewhere, putting gas and oil in people's cars. I didn't care what kind of job it was though. Just so people don't know me and I didn't know anybody. I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes. That way I wouldn't have to have any god#@%* stupid, useless conversations with anybody. If anybody wanted to tell me something, they'd have to write it on a piece of paper and shove it over to me. They'd get bored as hell doing that after a while and then I'd be through with having conversations for the rest of my life. Everybody'd think I was just a poor deaf-mute bastard and they'd leave me alone.." - Holden Caulfield

Good'ol Holden. Amazing how true his words sting ring so loudly over half a century later...I've read them so many times through the years that I've practically memorized entire passages from that little novel.

Unfortunately, the Tea partiers have no deaf-mutes among their leadership's ranks...

Montag said...

Yeah...(sigh!)
I guess I like old Holden. How could he have gotten it so right? I mean, if you listen to the hideous TV, there is absolutely no one you would like to talk to.