Search This Blog

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Jim Bakker

Jim Bakker sells some sort of magic beans that enable the faithful to live through earthquakes. I may have this wrong, but I think it is a pretty good description of the situation.

Well, once the Coast Guard sets on fire the oil escaping from the Event Horizon - I mean, the Deepwater Horizon - then I will see the Seas Burning.

Add that to an unusual number of Earthquakes and Volcanoes, added to the usual backdrop of Famine and Poverty, and I shall reconsider my opinion of Mr. Jim Bakker.

To paraphrase the immortal LaVern Baker:  Jim Bakker to the rescue!

--

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the final line! That's a gold star.

Montag said...

I saw her sing in person more than 50 years ago...
She sang that song, and I still know the lyrics and hum it now and then, and I smile.