Search This Blog

Friday, October 08, 2010

Comments

Please be aware that I actually have no "ideas", notions, nor inspirations myself; there are no incandescent light bulbs glowing over my head, figuratively or literally. When it comes time for the hive to fly off in hard thought, gathering rose buds and nectar where they may, I am distinctly one of those drone fellows that remain behind on the street corner, playing eight-ball and whistling at frails off to their jobs at the aeroplane factory, doing their bit for the war effort. (Sorry to mix metaphors so abruptly.)
I get ideas - or their equivalent - from comments and what others say.

Although I give the impression of being a deep thinker, it is all smoke and fun house mirrors; it is the false moustache and glasses which I have effected, trying to look like Groucho Marx or Gilbert Ryle - forget which. My thinking is ad hoc and is only around for the duration... the "duration" usually being the time to drink 4 cups coffee.
So if you wish to submit a comment, do so. And it need not be a flattering comment, it may be critical. Critical comments force us to re-think our positions... that is, they do so when they don't first lead to fisticuffs and wrassling in the dirt.
All in all, I shall guarantee you one thing: you are probably a lot smarter than I am. That is why I am considering running for  Congress.

No comments: