Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

People with Beards on Airplanes

Bearded blokes on planes are scarey. That's all I can say about it: scarey. I used to have a beard until children began to run away when I came into view. Scarey.
I can sympathize with Juan Williams.
Orthodox Jews on planes bother me, too. For some reason, I see them and think to myself, "Irgun terrorists!" And hotels! I still recall when Jewish terror groups planted a bomb in the King David Hotel in Jerusalem in the 1940s, and I can't sleep if there is a sizeable contingent of Orthodox Jews staying in the same hotel - which, as has been pointed out, makes no sense, since they would not bomb themselves...would they?... you ninny?  I have no problem, however, if everyone looks like Adam Sandler, for example.
Catholic priests have bothered me, too. Especially in institutional settings.
Most of the Talking Dead on Fox News scare the bejabbers out of me. If I were on a plane with, say, Sean Hannity - who to me looks like for all the world a bunch of rather large 2 by 8s nailed together in a laboratory somewhere in Mary Shelley's image of the Black Forest - I would freak! No doubt of it. Freak!

And I think that all newscasters should come "out of the closet" with their likes and dislikes. I am waiting for Brian Williams and Andrea Mitchell to fess up to the fact that there are large groups of people that give them the heebie-jeebies. And whenever they have stories about said groups, they should be allowed to give them subtle digs and jabs, like if Andrea Mitchell didn't like Irish cops - for example - she could lapse into a brogue and say "Bee-jayyz!" and "Sure and begorrah!" and such.

Juan Williams was spot on this time.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

Right. I've sort of had it with political correctness.

Unknown said...

Juan Williams was getting paid and is getting paid a lot of money by Fox News. I'm not the least bit surprised of what he said. I expect anybody who works for Fox News to say something like he did. They all agree with him.

Montag said...

Some people do not understand why I never watch Discussions and Commentaries on cable.
I mean, what what we do if some clown came into our front room every day spouting utter nonsense? We would not let them in.

Of course, what then would I write about?