Search This Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Benoit



I stopped cursing other drivers for a while. It makes driving so much easier. However, I have encountered so many odd ones, I have started up again.
I have exhausted all the old epithets and references to hygiene products and erotic paraphenalia, and I startled myself with a new one that popped up:  Benoit!

So I yell the name "Benoit!" at people, as if I am addicted to fractal geometry and scream "Benoit" in memory of Benoit Mandelbrot. If I am in a Jewish neighborhood, I yell "Baruch!" and if I am around Roman Catholics, I call out "Benedict!" or "Sons of Benedict!" or whatever.

The point of all this is the original "Benoit!" or "Chiens de Benoit!" ("Dogs of Benoit!" in French). One has to know how the name "Benoit" is pronounced. Baruch and Benedict are variations on the name Benoit, but only "Benoit" has the right sound.
--
ps.
I shall not explain this further!
--

No comments: