Search This Blog

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Michelle Bachmann on the Cover of Newsweek

So she looks a little daffy. So what? Every picture taken of me, except the one for my passport, makes me look daffy, pudgy, inane, and incompetent. My passport one has enough holographic, anti-forgery, hi-tech color and prismatic edging to it that I actually look human.
My Costco card is from my beard-wielding days, and somehow I look like Ambrose Burnside after a day of the frizzies. My drivers' license photo belong in an album of mug shots. 

Everyone knows that it is all about the appearance, not the substance. So Bachmann has a legit gripe, but we would have to all stand up and admit what frauds we are. We are not quite at that point.
--

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I suppose you know she won the Iowa straw poll todday. This is a wonderful demonstration of the fact that neither botched magazine covers or plain ole garden-variety horse sense is going to get in the way of voters determined to further their own destruction in the speediest way possible.

Montag said...

I hope all comes out well.

When all is said and done, one big lesson we should come away with is that it is insane to put ordinary folks into the pressure cooker for year after year because of the ineptitude of the leaders.
We have nothing to blame except our greed and lust for power.

I remember my father-in-law: German, experienced inflation after WW I...
To us, amusing stories of bus fare increasing 500% between the school morning bell and dismissal, and he not having enough to ride home on.
For them, bitter times of fear and uncertainty.

Bad things happen when you put people under too much pressure for too long.