Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Capitol Hill Has Eyes 5: Bachmann Steals My Birthday!



Leave me alone, Michelle Bachmann! I do not like running stuff about you! 

Today is my birthday! Mine! Not Elvis Presley's, like you said earlier on the campaign trail. You are an embarrassment to dimwits! How dare you try to steal my thunder!

August 16th: the day Elvis passed to his reward, the day Babe Ruth passed, the date of the Harmonic Convergence back in the day... which happened to be the very same day Flight 255 crashed in Detroit, killing everyone on board, except for one small girl. Many things of importance, indeed, but Elvis was born - as my wife can rattle right off, having committed it to heart many years ago - on January 8th!

My birthday.... mine.
--

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!

Mine is Monday.

I'm just sayin', not stealin'.

Montag said...

Happy B. ahead!
Happy B! to all Leos.

The sun actually rises in Leo for a longer period of time than is allowed for in the "commercial" hososcope business; the zodiacal times are not equal to exactly 30 days.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is in about 2 weeks.

Montag said...

Happy B!
I think your b-day is on the verge of the border between Leo and Virgo. I think it is Leo.

I have argued with a number of people about this, but it is a matter of fact.

Now, I guess the next question is: is your wife, who has the same name as my wife, a Virgo?

Yoli said...

I hope you had a Happy Birthday.

Montag said...

Thanks, Yoli.

We ended up going to The Pinery Provincial Park about 40 miles ENE of Sarnia at the south end of Lake Huron.
Sand dunes and sunshine; I discovered that after walking through all the sand, my leg ligaments and legs feel better than they have in a year or more.

Went to a terrible restaurant, but who hasn't in a vacation area. You would think that an eatery that is within 10 miles or less of maple syrup producers would not serve "pancake syrup" in a sealed little container...

Ben said...

Happy Birthday, Montag! Many happy returns and I wish you all the best in the years to come. May peace ever walk beside you and guide you.

Sorry I haven't commented in a while, too.

Ben

Montag said...

Thank you, Ben. I wish the same to you.

No problemo on the commentary. I have been trying to rest, too. There's just too much going on these days. And I take solace in having the good friends here on the internet.