Search This Blog

Saturday, March 01, 2008

Dead Baby Bookmarks

I was looking for something about Palestine.

I was searching in Arabic language papers and I was in a hurry. Since my reading is not good enough to speed read Arabic, it was a slow process. Therefore, I depended on the pictures appended to the side of each item to give me a first indication of what the listed articles were about.

Finding the item with the photo of a man holding a dead baby, I decided this was indeed an article about Palestine, and it was. Within the body of the article was the info I wanted, none of which had anything to do with dead babies. (It had to do with the Arabic spelling of "Palestine", hence the search in Arabic language sources.) It seems we may bookmark items about Palestine with photos of dead babies and any subsequent search will be quite efficient in picking out the Palestinian data.


I sat back and exhaled, realizing what I had just done and what the process was. What a world of jackals we inhabit.

No comments: