Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My Robot Readers

"Obscurus per Obscurior" Another comment from a robot. Actually the communications subsystem of a robot. Astu 13H8 consists of a number of parallel computing devices and an antenna of dubious provenance. He/she/it reminds me of some gizmo from Mad Max. A Latin comment. I do not quite know what to think about it. So, I shall provide a translation: the obscure by the more obscure... The idea is that one attempts to explain something obscure, but does so by an even more obscure explanation. It is a knock on me, but it is all in good spirit. At least, I think it is. It is hard to tell when dealing with entities who do not express emotion. What is more, they do not wish to. They laugh at the "emotion chip" of Star Trek: The Next Generation, and find Lieutenant Data to be rather "gay" in a Mech sense. Thanks and a tip of the tin man's oil funnel hat to Astu 13H8:

No comments: