Search This Blog

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Old Timers

Hank Jakobowski finally had gotten so sick of my "whining" about what is wrong with America that he accused me of hating America. I took this seriously. Now I do not take it seriously when my mother says that I hate America, because I know she watches FOX news all day long and listens to Rush Limbo (How low can you go?) when she drives. (Yes, she still drives.) Therefore, for her to say that so-and-so hates America is merely her way of homage to, say, Bill O'Reilly, and other Teppichfressers ( "carpet chewers" ) on cable TV who have studied forensic debate along the line of argumentum ad hominem: attack the personality of the person with whom you are debating. (She would like to say I was a draft dodger when we argue, but she cannot. Nor can she talk about my service since we were "intel" in a locale, long ago and far away......but not that long ago.) Hank does not watch FOX TV. He watches nothing but sports and shows with "dames" and "dolls", preferably in bikinis He only bought a TV in the first place because he had heard it called "the Boob Tube." We have spoken of the Presidency and made metaphorical statements about it: Prez as Commander in Chief, Prez as CEO, Prez as Law Officer...you get the picture. I immediately replied, "I love America, but I really hate this director's cut !"

No comments: