Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Book

It's time to start the book.
I have finished - I hope - with paperwork on my brother's disability claim. I have a few more minor things out of the ordinary to attend to, but now I shall work on the book.

It was supposed to be a novel about my days as chief roadie for The Lady Tour - which was appearances of the Virgin Mary, quite literally...believe it or not...but it has been changed, and it will be auto-bio I guess you'd call it. Working title" My So-Called Religious Life.

When I was young, religious life was left to the people in religious orders proper. Religiosity did not go scattering around like confetti at a wedding, landing in the hair of the unworthy, or the not-quite-so-deserving , or into the pockets of unbelievers, even!

I have a general outline, but I have a feeling it is going to surprise me.

If I seem inattentive or off gathering wool somewhere or comatose, I am probably working on that item.

1 comment: