Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

The Misters Turner, Gallagher, and Shean: The Third Verse; Thomas Gainsborough


Thomas Gainsborough's  The Blue Boy


(The third installment of my Turner, Constable, Gainsborough, Gallagher and Shean trilogy.)

There is a film Mr. Turner about the painter Turner, and I hope I may still get to see it in the theater. She-who-must-be-obeyed saw it with one of her friends on the distaff side, and I was nowhere to be seen.

However, I did manage to compose a ditty about the great English painters, Turner, Constable, and Gainborough,  all based on the vaudeville duo of Gallagher and Shean. This third verse is that of Thomas Gainsborough.


So the third verse goes - and it is sung as if I were a Yiddish stage presence, sort of like Yakum Yakum. (He did vaudeville, then ended up in Detroit doing Burlyque.)


Oh, Mr. Gainsborough! Oh, Mr.Gainsborough!
We know, old boy,  how you can beat the "blues"!
just a smile and a winkie,
and drink tea with your Pinkie!

Positively, Mr. Gainsborough?
Absolutely, Mr.T!




--

No comments: