Search This Blog

Monday, November 27, 2006

Borat Shmorat

The film Borat was troubling. I like things that make other people look ridiculous. In fact, my opinions of other people - if my opinions could be viewed by you - would resemble pictures from the fun house mirrors: a great panoply of grotesqueries. However, I found Borat troubling. It sort of limped along in parts. Even now, as I view trailers on TV, I notice there are scenes which I do not remember at all from the film. I must have been asleep. The overt anti-semitism surprised me. Anti-semitism is still anti-semitism even if the author or director be Jewish. It was pointed out to me that Mr. Cohen was concerned about the rise of anti-semitism in Europe and wished to make some point or other. Make the film in Europe, then. The early Nazis had a favorite philosopher, Alfred Rosenberg by name. If it be found that the Protocols of the Elders had been written by an old Jew, it would not become a suitable gift at a Bar Mitzvah.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It´s very interesting your point of
view. Is a fact, in my opinion, the
interest in consider as a synonymous terms so different between them, as zionist, semitic or jew...
If someone is against the israelian government position necessary is supposed to be an anti-semitic, or anti-jew. Dangerous and sometimes deliberate "confusion"!!!

Thank you so much for attending my
request. Of course take all the time you need.
Kind regards from Spain.