Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Eerie Synchronicity Or...Not

Posted today in http://www.jewschool.com/ First they came for the Mashichists, but I wasn’t a Mashicist so I didn’t speak up… Eeriely (eerieielly??...how does one spell the adverb of "eerie"?) like my own post last week... I guess given the same situation, the probability is high that many will use the same conceptual structure. Why are there so many similar situations, then? That is, situations of governments wreaking violence? In the same Blog there is a section entitled Mishegaas. I have not read nor spoken Yiddish in a long time -" long time" being 35 years of more for me, "middle term" being 15 to 34 years and "just yesterday" being anything up to 15 years. However, since I live in Michigan, the home of the US Automotive geniuses, I am tempted to state that the name "michigan" does not come from the Native American for "big water" or "makes big water", but from mishegaas. It would explain a lot.

No comments: