Search This Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Iz Dis Fer Real?

"You've got to be ..... kidding ! "
David Clennon as Palmer in The Thing ( dir. John Carpenter)  
I was reading the account of the old Iraqi nuclear research. The army had captured old documents from the days when Saddam Hussein did actually have atomic research. In order to defend the Republican Indefensible, GOP people asked that this out-of-date material be posted on the Internet, apparently to create some sort of illusion among the voters apparently too stupid to be able to distinguish what was important from what wasn't.

The problem was that the documents, being in Arabic and no one in our government being able to read them, provided a pretty good tutorial for building an atomic bomb. I believe the documents were up since March. It may have been March of 2005, I forget. They were removed this week past. Someone asked me whether I would look for work as a translator with the government since I am studying Arabic. I told them I do not think our government is serious about anything except lining their pockets. The sad part is I'm serious.

The Vice President was in Colorado: "It may not be popular with the public. It doesn't matter, in the sense that we have to continue what we think is right," Cheney said. "That's exactly what we're doing. We're not running for office. We're doing what we think is right."

My problem is I do not have the slightest idea what we are doing. We did invade and we won that war - mission accomplished. Now what are we doing? I think that after 3 years if an occupying force cannot even claim to have control over the capital city where their headquarters are located this is not a good sign. But what are we doing? What is the goal?
I do not want any long term high sounding crap like spreading Democracy. What are we doing this week to stop the deaths of Iraqis and our soldiers? What, Mr. Vice President?  

In closing, let me remind President Bush and Ehud Olmert that I think I have gotten my tax dollars worth many times over with dead Palestinians. The shooting of 2 women in Bait Hanoun was a topper.
Thank you, George and Ehud. Thank you for dipping your hands in the blood and wiping it on our faces.

No comments: