Search This Blog

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Beards On The Run

I choose this title from the many sent to my by my Title Service, because, as they pointed out to me, it may cause a number of the dear and benighted to stumble into your blog by accident, whereby they will bash around in the dark for a while, receive atomic wedgies, and end up staring at their sorry selves in the fun house mirrors you have scattered about the place, thus seeing themselves as they actually are! Fat chance, I said. But I choose the title anyway. We haggled over the price. They thought it was premium and top shelf. I said it was yesterday's bread. I told them that I was growing tired of the randomness of the whole thing. I mean, why should I subject myself to a process wherein some bloody Title Supply and Laundry Service drops off a title on my doorstep, and then I have to ferrier a posting of iron and irony about it? I said it would be considerably easier to write my own titles. They hemmed and hawed in a respectful way, and sort of slyly mentioned the mess I had made of the Tag inventory, for which, by the way, they have an excellent spreadsheet program for a very reasonable price. O.K.
Main posting...here we go.
I saw an article about how every Islamic country should be "nuked" off the map.
This was particularly interesting since this same author had turned red with rage when President A. of Iran had said something translated as Israel should be wiped off the map.
(This was the title to go with the illustration, something like "Wipe my map, you blankety-blank!" )
Perhaps it was the manner by which we remove the countries that he objects to: nuking is good, wiping is bad. Perhaps there was sort of a toilet hygiene thingey attached to the notion of "wiping" off the map that he found especially offensive. So, we conclude:
Keep the Beards on the run, ducking from sand dune to sand dune;
Watch out for IQFWDs, or Islamic Quest for World Domination, a sort of a WMDs type acronomous hoodia.

No comments: