Search This Blog

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Morphic Fields

Cyril Richard as Captain Hook


Rupert Sheldrake gave me the idea. I merely took it and ran with it.

The use of morphic fields in time travel and inter-dimensional travel, not to mention travel from brane to brane within the many branes sprung from the Inflation after the Big Bang, has been a mixed blessing. It is seemingly related to Iconic Participation, only the Icons or Emblems are more mundane, not quite so imbued with the supernatural.

I myself have appropriated the persona of Cyril Richard and have had excellent results. When the need arises, when I am in dire straits, when a good exit strategy best be forthcoming, I don my Captain Hook outfit, call in the First Mate named after a particular type of marine bird, and have the band play whatever music I deem best for the situation.

We found ourselves in Anbar Province the other day, and after falling over each other to find cover, we assembled in the remains of an elementary school, where I ordered them to play a Tarentella. The outlines of our escape took shape. We vanished just before the IED hit the fan.
--

No comments: