Search This Blog

Friday, February 27, 2009

Mythic Landscapes 2: Megas Pan Apotethneke!

The Gate of Orpheus
Dean Koontz often writes of ghosts and revenants, but he apparently has not actually communicated with any. It comes through in his writing.
He hints that once they see the "light", they go onward and do not come back to Earth.
That seems to be incorrect.
One great goal they have is to watch over their children, if they sense there is danger.
There are a lot of such ghosts hanging around these days.
I think that will be a bit of good luck for us in the coming year. We can certainly use their help January 1, 2009 I re-posted this.
The spirits I spoke of were like holograms - a shmear of universal data - and one has to look just right to see the three dimensional recreation. Matter and Spirit are the two beams of coherent light used in the making of the hologram of the world.
The skies are filled with noise, but we are only hearing the cries of our own panic.
The world of Western Capitalism was rampant - like the great god Pan of the ancient world. And it ran in panic, a wilde Jagd and juggernaut not only of fear, but also of greed, and lust and unthinking exploitation: a panic of sex, a panic of money, a panic of hate.
Everything is a panic, a run on something, a disaster; everything requires a czar, a dictator, a Manhattan project.
We live abject in Sound and Fury.
Great Pan is dead.
The voices yell from the forests and we hear it on the high seas: Megas Pan Apotethneke! Great Pan Has Died!
I am living the words of St. Paul: I have not died, yet I have indeed been changed! I feel the thrill of novelty, as did the first followers of Christ, opening their souls to something new, something freeing them from the slavery of Rome and its agents. I feel as amazed as an Israelite, gazing upon those stones inscribed. I sense a piety within me rivalling that of 'Umar the Khalifa of the Prophet.
I shall thank God for letting me live in times of great change. I really don't have any other alternative...and He knows it.

No comments: