Search This Blog

Monday, March 21, 2011

The Fab Five on ESPN



Controversy! There's gonna be a controversy! ESPN had a documentary on the University of Michigan basketball team, the Fab Five, from the early 90's coached by Steve Fisher!! Juwan Howard, Jalen Rose, Ray Jackson, Jimmy King, and Chris Weber!

Well, I saw it.
My take on the controversy is this:
I went to U of M, I love the maize and blue, and I loved and still love the Fab Five.
They rule! They do no wrong! They tried to bring the celebrity-crazed times up to their level, always fighting against the incessant force trying to pull them down. They took on the corruption and the racism that still exists and they did a darn good job when all is said and done. Not perfect, but a darn good job.

When we give someone five, it is an emblem for The Five!
--

2 comments:

Ruth said...

I was riveted to the TV watching the documentary. I really felt for those guys and was much more sympathetic than I had come to be, at a distance, not really understanding all the stuff. Now I can see what their swagger meant to them, that beautiful comradery!

Montag said...

It was a great conradery, and they were all so young. Marvelous.