Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oh, How I Hate to Remember in the Morning

 Ruined Locker Rooms of Memory

Baysage said something - actually a combination of many things - which I immediately took apart, dissolved, precipitated from solution, mixed back together, and came up with something that forced me to remember something at 6:00 AM. And I hate to remember in the morning!
I get up at 3:00 AM that I may have a few blessed hours away from the madness of what we facetiously call "the real world". The real world depends heavily upon our memory of it: the things we have had beaten into us, the burdens of recall under which we faint, the ritual scarifications all over our bodies in that alien dark tattoo of Commandment!

Remember in the glare of the sun, in the heat of the day. Sweat your remembrances out as you run your treadmill! Then throw your sweats and shoes into the locker room of Archived History!
--

No comments: