Search This Blog

Monday, March 07, 2011

Representative Peter King's Hearings

Peter King (R. New York) the head of the Homeland Security Committee will start hearings this week on the threat of terrorism from the Muslim community. Not, mind you, adding in home-grown extremists whose existence and activities have been adequately established. No. Perhaps they are his supporters. I don't know why he is making such an egregious mistake.
Anyway, quote

"The threat is coming from the Muslim community..."

I think he might wish to put it a different way. He may wish to say that the people in whom he is interested come from a Muslim background, or profess Islam, but they are not necessarily part of the Muslim community. Perhaps he means what he says, in which case I suppose I am worth investigating for the extremes of the Inquisition. If he draws the line at extending the line back in history, perhaps I should be investigated for priestly child-abuse for the years I was RC.
Perhaps.
Perhaps we should all be investigated, for we are all guilty of something.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm guilty of being a Caucasian Christian . . . maybe somebody should investigate me for that.

Unknown said...

We knew they wuz Christians, just not the right kind of Christians.