Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Who Stole The Funny, Robby Benson?


I am reading the book with the title "Who Stole The Funny?". It was written by Robby Benson.It is exactly a piece of extraordinary talent. (I don't say "genius"; I leave that for the NY Times Book Review.) I am going to look up reviews in 2007 when it came out.

I can only think of Evelyn Waugh. Of course, I always think of things as viewed through the prism of Waugh and his satire in "Brideshead Revisited". That is a measure of the "g-" word (genius): do you see everything a new way after reading through the prism of some enchanted writing or film or other work of art? And that new way is through the eyes of the artist and their new work.
I shall never see the TV and film business except through the eyes of J.T.Baker, the main character of the book.

--

No comments: